It’s called Spritz, a new technology that enables you to read up to 1,000 words a minute, though you’ll have to work up to that speed.  Go to the website and click on the box to access the program.  It’s kinda cool.

“What we’re doing is changing the way people read one word at a time,” co-founder and CEO Frank Waldman tells KTRH News.

Researchers have learned that it’s the process of eye movement, through a word, across a sentence, over a page that slows down your reading.  If you could focus your eye on one point and not have to move it, you can process words quite quickly.  20% of the time you spend reading is processing words.  The other 80% is eye movement.  Spritz eliminates eye movement.  The ORP - Optical Recognition Point – a red letter in the middle of each word, keeps your eye focused on one point.  Try it, but remind yourself to blink.  It’s kinda cool.

“We have a tech-streaming technique that allows you to read words positioned perfectly so that your eye doesn’t move, so you can effortlessly read.  It’s a very different way of reading but it’s very powerful,” Waldman says.  “It allows you to increase your reading speed, your comprehension, and you can learn to do it in minutes, and that’s why we call it reading re-imagined.”

Some people -- don’t know exactly who but I’m told some people -- say this will revolutionize the way we read. It’s kinda cool.

Most people read at around 220 words per minute.  On Spritz you can set your own speed limit - the amount of words per minute that you want to read.  Increase it to 350 words and you can read a Harry Potter book in less than four hours.  How many things – website, email, corporate reports, business journals, articles, books -- would you like to be able to read quickly in a fraction of the time?  It’s kinda cool.

The company says Spritz will be available on the new Samsung Galaxy 5-S when it goes on sale in April, and the Gear 2 smart-watch.

This could be big – as in global.  It’s available in several languages, including English, Spanish, German and Russian, with Chinese in development.