Chambers County is providing the following information Sunday morning for September 22, 2019:
Shelters have been consolidated to White’s Park. There are currently 47 persons in this shelter. A Texas A&M Vet Team is onsite to care for animals.
There will be debris removal needs. It is preferable for citizens to take their debris to county box sites. However, we know all people may not be to do this. Therefore, citizens may place debris from homes beside the roadway. There are plans to remove this debris from county right-of-ways. The county cannot go onto private property to remove debris, nor can they remove commercial debris. More details on debris will be provided later.
All box sites in the county are open with extended hours from 8am-7pm until further notice.
An additional, temporary site is at Winnie-Stowell Park.
Supplies are on the way, and the county will release information soon on where citizens may obtain the supplies. We hope to have more information in the PM update.
In summary from the County Engineer:
• IH10 is still closed but there are plans for it to open today. We will send a separate email and make posts as soon as we find out it opens.
• SH65 still has closures going to Winnie
• FM1985 and SH124 still underwater
• SH61 clear from IH10 to SH90
• FM1406 is clear from Winnie to 365 Nome
• FM1663 still has flooding from 1410 to 1406
Please visit www.drivetexas.org for roadway conditions.
Damage Assessments/Individual Assistance
FEMA and state damage assessment teams are planning to be in the affected areas Tuesday morning to begin detailed assessments of damages.