Update: Earlier this week we reported on a news story about a previously detained and released illegal alien who is now accused of murdering three people.
As new details emerge in this case, we've now learned Mexican-national Luis Rodrigo Perez, 23, was a recipient of the Obama-era Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA) program, immigration officials say.
A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesperson told reporters that the suspect accused of killing three individuals in Missouri after New Jersey jail officials released him on domestic violence charges was a recipient of the DACA program in 2012 and 2014.
A spokesperson for Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) is slamming a sanctuary county in New Jersey for releasing an illegal immigrant who is now charged with triple homicide in Missouri.
Luis Rodrigo Perez is a 23 year old Mexican native. He's being charged with fatally shooting two men, wounding two others and fatally shooting a woman the following day. The incidents occurred on November 1 & 2.
ICE officials said Perez was placed on a retainer while previously in custody in Middlesex County for domestic violence charges but the request was not honored because of sanctuary policies in that part of New Jersey.
If the allegations are true, these are just more preventable murders recklessly caused by our broken immigration system. Without policy changes, incidents like this will continue.