Chicago police are investigating actor Jussie Smollett for possibly working with two men to stage an attack against himself last month, according to ABC-Chicago.
Yesterday Chicago police confirmed detectives are talking with two persons of interest in connection to the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.
ABC7 Eyewitness News says they've spoken to multiple sources who claim police are investigating to find out if Smollett and two other men staged an attack purportedly because Smollett was being written off of the TV show "Empire."
Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday, claims ABC News.
Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson told ABC7 the investigation remains ongoing.
Howeve Smollett's representatives are denying the report - they say he is not being written off "Empire."
Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment also denied the claim.
A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."
The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them determine if the two people played any role in the assault.
Neighbors described a swarm of officers and K-9 units.
"I was walking in the alley. One police car stopped in the alley, and they told me to go inside the house. By then maybe five minutes later, there were like 20 police right here by the door," said Jaime Figueroa, neighbor.
Neighbors said they believe the men, who are Nigerian, are brothers who grew up in that apartment, and have lived there for years. Neighbors described them as friendly and possibly body builders, and said they have long wanted to be actors.
I hate to say we told you so, but....
Photo of suspicious celebrity taken by Getty Images