Congressional Rep Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Tx) says white people need to pay up!
Last weekend SheJack appeared on MSNBC to discuss reparations with Joy "I hate gay people" Reid and discuss H.R. 40, a bill that would require the Federal government to create a committee to conduct a study on the concept of reparations.
SheJack said, "[T]his discussion is long overdue as it relates to enslaved people and slaves in the United States. Four million Africans were enslaved here in the United States. One million African-Americans have been incarcerated across this nation."
She continued, “They understand it is long overdue for a national dialogue dealing with Africans, African-Americans as slaves. This was an institutionalized and condoned action by the government from 1619 to 1865. De jure and de facto acts have shown the impact on African-Americans.”
The reparations argument is just silly. There's no shortage of unanswerable questions when it comes to the concept of reparations that SheJack and her supporters can't even begin to wrap their tiny little pee-sized brains around.
Some of those questions include:
- Who will get the money from reparations?
- Will people of mixed race get access to reparations money?
- What if someone is the ancestor of both a slave and a slave owner?
- Who will be required to pay for the reparations?
- Should poor white people pay for reparations if their ancestors never owned slaves?
- What about people whose ancestors didn't live in America during the era of slavery?
- Would paying reparations mean ending Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws?
The Left can't answer these questions because they don't have the kind of simple answers that Democrat voters love to hear. Implementing reparations in 2019 would be virtually impossible.